Question is a sentence worded in such a way as to elicit information in a form of answers
Question is a sentence worded in such a way as to elicit information in a form of answers. In Ideaverse Questions can be understood like Propositions that have Answers associated with them. One or more Answers in a Question can be marked as an accepted Answer.
Examples of Questions:
- Does free will exist?
- Does God exist?
- What is the meaning of life?
- What is square root of 4?
Questions have two main aspects - definition and usage.
Definition of Questions
Questions are defined explicitly by creating an instance of entity Question and filling in appropriate properties. Link to create Questions can be found here - Create a Question.
Questions have following properties:
- Text - The wording of the question itself.
- Terms - The Question text is divided into words and/or phrases where each such division token is treated as a Term. If a Term needs to be highlighted by giving explicit meaning, then such Term needs to be linked to appropriate existing Term entity, and additionally a Term Instance if specific term variation is used.
- Explanation - Full text explanation of the Question. Extra details or information that did not fit into other structured properties can be added. Explanation supports Markdown syntax and can include other Entities.
- References - One or more reference to outside literature where further information can be found.
- Context - Specific Context that groups Questions into relevant groups.
- Tags - One or more tags used to provide simple linking of Entities into simple ad hoc contexts.
- Url - Sanitized name of the Question to be used in technical linking of the Question.
Example Question can be inspected here:
Questions can be embedded into any full text explanation field by using following syntax:
#question([Url or text of the Question])
Answers for Questions
Questions are deeply connected to Answers. Question can have zero, one or more Answers. One or more Answer can be selected as an accepted Answer.
See more information regarding Answers:
Usage of Questions
Questions describe points of interest for each Context and stand on their own. A Question is a starting point to inquire more information and get to Propositions and Arguments. Propositions are linked to Questions through Answers.
Questions are linked in Articles to show a starting point for inquiry.